This Colonial repaint near downtown Tulsa was a very interesting projcet. It was badly peeling, had a lot of rotted soffit, and all the paint was seriously failing. It was a big undertaking to prepare it and we had to use lead safe painting practices throughout.
It was an ugly brown color with white trim throughout. The colors we put on were from the Sherwin Williams Heritage collection. A nice taupe for the body and a rich yellow/tan for the trim work. We added a bright red accent for the front door and detail accents around the soffit corbels.
It was quite an project getting all that flaking and failing paint off without getting lead dust and debri all over the place. It is important to use lead safe work practices and EPA certified workers to do a project like this. Luckily, Dukes Painting is fully licensed for lead based paint work.
This interior paint project was located in Owasso OK. We were asked to prepare and repaint the kitchen cabinets, along with the vanities and cabinets in two bathrooms.
We also painted the trim and doors in the kitchen to match. The cabinets were clear coated oak before we began. We used Sherwin Williams Pro Classic Oil on this owasso painter project.
Cabinet Painting can be an expensive and time consuming process as there is a lot of prep and skill involved in painting them. Dukes Painting has extensive experience and knowledge when it comes to cabinet finishes and interior painting.
This Midtown Tulsa bungalow was in very bad shape. It was plagued with peeling paint, rotten wood, and bad caulk. The color was hideous and it was the sore spot on an otherwise peasant street.
We began by washing and scraping this old house and getting the paint back down to solid a solid surface to build upon. We then sprayed the entire thing with Peel Bond. Peel Bond is a high build primer that hides surface imperfections. It can be sprayed up to 40 mils thick in one pass. This product is not cheap but it does a great job and the results speak for themselves.
This South Tulsa house was in pretty bad shape before we got our hands on it. The paint was peeling badly, large cracks throughout the caulk, and several areas of severe rot. We replaced 1 full sheet of t1-11 siding which was very badly deteriorated. We replaced several sections of brick molding around windows, and we replaced a significant amount of fascia board running along the roof.
We see this kind of rot all the time when a fascia board is positioned right along the roof line. The underside of the fascia is never primed or painted because it is so close to the roof. Water is able to soak into the board and it rots away. We solve this problem for the future by making sure to paint the bottom of the boards before we install them. Another solution, though a little more expensive, is to use a plastic or composite board instead of wood. These plastic boards never rot.
This Midtown Colonial really needed a paint job. There was significant peeling and failing paint on all sides of the building. We had a big job scraping this house. After the scraping was finished we primed all the bare wood with Sherwin Williams exterior wood primer. We then caulked all the cracks and replaced all back caulk. Then we finished the siding with Sherwin Williams Super Paint using our Spray-Brush-Spray technique.